New (to me) Fergie

Versatile

Re: New (to me) Fergie

Post by Versatile »

Yes, but I think it was an orchard variant with a cocktail engine originally.
Hair Bear

Post by Hair Bear »

So if you now have a 4 cyl diesel, have a look at the injector pump. Towards the front of the pump you should see a little push button, this is an 'excess fuel' button. If you push it in before a cold start it will increase the fuel injected and make it start quicker, thus reducing the strain on starter and battery. The button should pop out as soon as it starts.
With the engine stopped, push the button in and it should stay in - pull the engine stop and it should pop out again. This just shows it's working.
What could possibly go wrong?
Versatile

Post by Versatile »

Yes. There was a bit of smoke from the chimney after I'd been up the village but I'm not worried about it. The engine runs quite smoothly and the only issue is I need a good seat cover as the metal was really cold last weekend. It will go on my Christmas list together with a tool box.
Hair Bear

Post by Hair Bear »

A seat cover??? The luxury of it!
The correct to type seat cover for all greys is a hessian sack, upgrade to the deluxe version by stuffing some straw in it. :?
Hair Bear

Post by Hair Bear »

Ref the hydraulics, this link is a basic 'how to take the top off'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDj-nq6Zxus
Versatile

Post by Versatile »

Hair Bear wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:45 pm A seat cover??? The luxury of it!
The correct to type seat cover for all greys is a hessian sack, upgrade to the deluxe version by stuffing some straw in it. :?
My father used an old feed bag as they were waterproof. I'm hoping it won't be out in the wet very often and if it is, I won't be driving it.
Thanks for the link.
Hair Bear

Post by Hair Bear »

How are you getting on with it?