TEF20 Restoration Help Needed

117ARF

TEF20 Restoration Help Needed

Post by 117ARF »

Good Afternoon

I have recently inherited a 1953 TEF20 and would like to restore to keep in the family. (I have a very basic knowledge of mechanics)

The Tractor needs some TLC but first job is to get it started. We can start and get it to tick over using 'easy start' directly into the air chamber but it appears to be starved of fuel.

We have checked the fuel lines from the filters and all seem to be going into the injector pump and have seen the fuel come through the bleed screws when opened. However, Doesn't appear to be coming out of the injector pump up the fuel lines.

Therefore, believe it is the common issue with the 4 x injector (bell shaped) pistons being stuck? I have unscrewed to have a look but do not know how to release the pistons. I have seen on this forum that people have been able to release them but I'm not sure how?

Its hard to describe sorry, unless its another issue I'm missing?

Thanks to anyone who can help or recommend anyone in Lancashire that may be able to assist me

Best Regards
Mike
Attachments
Tractor.jpg
Tractor.jpg (123.71 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Sandy.

Re: TEF20 Restoration Help Needed

Post by Sandy. »

Hi Mike
At each end of the pump body near injector pipe 1 and 4 there is a bleed screw with a screw drive slot, when you slacken them do you get diesel coming out the screw holes.
The next thing to check is to see if the pump rack is stuck. Pull the stop lever out then put it back into the run position, next push the excess fuel button located at the left hand end of the pump, the black looking bit in the picture. When you press this you should here a click sound that the pump rack has moved. If there is no sound remove the long plate under the 2 bleed screws in here you will be able to see if the rack moves or if you can move it with your fingers.
Will wait for your reply.