TEF starter motor

Versatile

TEF starter motor

Post by Versatile »

So before I got my Fergie home I tried to start it. The battery and cables weren't great but I attached some good jump cables and gave it a go. It tried but wasn't having any of it. So the start motor came out when I got it home and I bench tested it with the jump cables and a very good and powerful battery supply. It turned but didn't seem like it was trying very hard. The brushed were ok but the pick up was very worn so I decided to try and replace the entire unit as I'm not a fan of rewinds and the cost would be about the same. I ordered one but not the right one as I couldn't find one that had the button start attachment. As I'd like to keep the 'start in gear protection' can I get a new, original start motor from anywhere?
Thanks in advance.
Fergiefarming87

Re: TEF starter motor

Post by Fergiefarming87 »

To be honest I would find a good engineering firm close to yourself and have the original starter rebuilt, it will be far better quality than a new one and once refurbished will be just the job.
Versatile

Post by Versatile »

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.
Hair Bear

Post by Hair Bear »

Old 20 Parts Company list a TEF starter (O2PC pn 1230094) at £192.00, plus shipping.
What could possibly go wrong?
Versatile

Post by Versatile »

Thanks HB. I've posted my starter motor off to a rewind company that specialize in vintage parts but if I don't get any joy there I'll be looking to get a 'new' one.