New member , NE Scotland - Early TE 20 TVO

CAM4V

New member , NE Scotland - Early TE 20 TVO

Post by CAM4V »

Hello,

New member here in Aberdeen. Got an early (I think, twin bonnet catches and no air intake on dashboard) TVO.

Looking for other members up here in the North! :D

Cam4v
GeorgeC

Re: New member , NE Scotland - Early TE 20 TVO

Post by GeorgeC »

Hello CAM4V, I’m in Ellon, how can I help
Regards
George

1949 TED20, 1957 FE35, 1964 MF35
FIL46

Post by FIL46 »

Hello Cam4v & George I am at Portlethen can I help
duncan57

Post by duncan57 »

Hi, I'm near Huntly. My straight petrol tea20 is my first attempt at tractor restoration

Iain
CAM4V

Post by CAM4V »

Hello all,

apologies for the delay in reply, Family illness and bereavement from August on last year.

Anyway, lots of various issues, chief among which is vanishing oil pressure. starts fine, no knocks or smoke, gets to heat (say 20 mins) and pressure just falls away. New oil and filter done.

Next move is a new oil pump. Managed to get an oil pump body off ebay and new stator/rotor internals.. just need time to fit it!!

Any thoughts, tips, etc.?

Cheers
CAM

P.S, also looking for another one if anyone knows of a good, Road registered one?
Fergiefarming87

Post by Fergiefarming87 »

It is quite common to have low oil pressure on a TED20, I have heard of several running quite happily with next to no pressure at all!
When you changed your oil what grade did you use, they like a straight SAE 30 or 40 in them, don't use a multigrade as the detergent will clean out accumulated build up from over the years and cause a lot of problems.
Is it low pressure on tick over but will pick up when you rev the engine or does it just drop away regardless, also what sort of oil pressure are you getting?
duncan57

Post by duncan57 »

I'm not an expert but I think that the oil pump drive shaft from the cam shaft is inside the main oil-way to the engine bearings etc and is sealed by a flat bronze bush under the gear wheel. The camshaft rotation tends to push the gear wheel down but make sure that the distributor is pushed right into its housing so that it holds the drive shaft gear wheel against the bush
Cheers
Iain