TED20 new clutch will not disengage

Smp100

TED20 new clutch will not disengage

Post by Smp100 »

Hi, Just split the tractor to install a new clutch assembly. Before reconnecting electrics, governor rod etc I checked the clutch. Set the clutch pedal, placed tractor in gear, turned the gear ring through the starter motor port until wheels climbed up wooden blocks, pressed the clutch and the tractor rolled down…perfect. However now when the engine is running the clutch will not disengage and the the gears crunch. I have reset the clutch pedal so the pedal can not be depressed any further as the clutch bearing is at maximum travel. The only change I didn’t make was to the clutch fingers as I thought these were set level with each other and no other adjustments were required…was that my mistake? Any advice appreciated. Steve
T20Bigjim

Re: TED20 new clutch will not disengage

Post by T20Bigjim »

That seems like a bit of an odd one.

For it to disengage when the tractor wasnt running but not when it is. Will it disengage now with the engine turned off?
giraffe_123

Re: TED20 new clutch will not disengage

Post by giraffe_123 »

Not wishing to doubt your mechanical ability, but have you put the clutch plate in back to front. This would cause issues when trying to disengage. I have seen it before. Easily done.