TEF crank breather filter

JohnLytton

TEF crank breather filter

Post by JohnLytton »

I am in the process of changing the fluids in my 1953 TEF. the tractor has only been in my possession for a few weeks so I am "learning on the job"!
I have changed the fuel filters and the oil has been drained and refilled along with a new filter. I have this one query, the crank breather filter is looking as if the element requires renewing but I can't find a supplier that sells just the element. As the filter mesh is the original I don't want to throw it away to be replaced by a new one.
Could anyone give me some advice? I would be grateful.
Thanks, John
T20Bigjim

Re: TEF crank breather filter

Post by T20Bigjim »

Sadly im not sure you can buy the element on its own. Maybe purchase a complete one and remove the mesh?
JohnLytton

Post by JohnLytton »

Yes, I think you are right. May take the old one and try to wash it in paraffin or the like.
Thanks
giraffe_123

Post by giraffe_123 »

I was missing the filter in my TET 20, so I purchased a new unit from one of the suppliers, and then used the new filter from it inside my original mesh and top.
JohnLytton

Post by JohnLytton »

Found out from an old publication that you can wash the element in petrol, which I have done. Cleaned up a treat, used an air line to blow dry..jobs a good'un!
Thanks for your replies.